Mini flower pot craft: DIY patio lights
Take a look at this mini flower pot craft – DIY patio lights! It’s enjoyable, straightforward and so magical wanting in your patio! These flower pot string lights are so twinkly and enjoyable, right here’s the way to make them.
I like so as to add colourful accents to my patio, any method I can. That is considered one of my favourite tasks from days again – mini-flowerpots for mini-lights! I now make them for family and friends and now I’ll share the method with you!
This challenge is featured in my ebook, The Crafty Chica Creates.
Provides for Mini flower pot craft: DIY patio lights
- 1 strand of mini-lights
- mini terra cotta flowerpots (one per gentle)
- scorching glue
- Craft paint, brush
- Material (non-obligatory)
- Embroidery thread (non-obligatory)
- Outdated, boring scissors
Terra cotta pots are porous, which means they take in water and different substances simply. This will have an effect on the kinds of paint and glue that may work finest.
Paint: Acrylic paint is usually used for terra cotta pots because it adheres nicely, is sturdy, and is available in all kinds of colours. It’s additionally water-based, making it straightforward to scrub up. For a extra shiny end, you would use an acrylic enamel paint. Some individuals additionally use latex paint, however needless to say it would peel over time because of the porous nature of terra cotta. When you’re portray the pot for out of doors use, think about using a sealant over the paint to guard it from the weather.
Earlier than you begin portray, it may be a good suggestion to seal the terra cotta pot first utilizing a sealant. This may forestall the pot from absorbing water from the paint and can assist the paint adhere higher. After portray, let the pot dry fully earlier than utilizing it.
Glue: Epoxy or a robust adhesive like Gorilla Glue tends to work nicely with terra cotta. Most of these glues are waterproof and so they dry clear, making them a good selection for those who’re gluing items of a pot again collectively or for those who’re attaching decorations to the pot. When you’re attaching one thing heavy to the pot, you might wish to think about using a development adhesive. At all times observe the producer’s directions when utilizing a lot of these glues.
Bear in mind to at all times clear the floor of the terra cotta earlier than you apply paint or glue. This may assist the paint or glue adhere higher.
The right way to make it
- Open your scissors and insert a blade into the opening on the backside of the flowerpot and scrap to make the opening sufficiently big for the sunshine bulb to suit by. Do that to all of the flowerpots.
- Paint the flowerpots and allow them to dry. Use white craft glue so as to add cloth trim across the edges too!
Whereas the paint is drying, open the field of string lights. Easy them out so will probably be straightforward to work with whenever you add the painted pots.
When the pots are dry, add a coat of sealer. Let dry.
- One after the other, insert the mini gentle bulb by the underside of the flowerpot and scorching glue the bottom of the plastic casing of the bulb to the opening on the pot. Don’t get scorching glue wherever close to the bulb. Do that to the entire flowerpots and lights and let dry.
Add no matter different designs you need. Line up the entire lights so they don’t seem to be tangled.
Thanks for testing my publish, I hope you want this challenge!
DIY Flower Lights