Good day DIY t-shirt Christmas stockings! This undertaking is a two-for-one as a result of not solely are we recycling previous shirts, we’re making cool vacation stockings too!
That is such a cool method to customise a convention. Relatively than go for the standard pink fur-trimmed model, you possibly can incorporate mucho character.
The place to search out T-shirts
I don’t recommend reducing up a prized garment or collectors merchandise, however you possibly can go to the thirst retailer to search out one thing shut. You possibly can go for music tees, or location and journey, or punny ones, you get the thought.
One other thought is to go to yard gross sales. You possibly can even examine with an area display screen printer and ask for shirts on clearance.
The thought is a few shirts are simply too cool to depart buried in your dresser – or on the backside of a laundry hamper.
These are an ideal instance. I made a decision to make vacation stockings out of them!
Here’s what you want to DIY T-shirt Christmas stockings:
Stocking to make use of because the sample
Paper, large enough so you possibly can hint the stocking
material for lining
white craft glue
1. Hint the define of the stocking onto paper.
2. Set the shirt out on a flat floor and set the sample on high. Hint round it and lower out by each layers (NOTE: For those who solely need the entrance of the shirt, simply use the highest layer.
3. Do the identical for the liner material.
4. Iron the stabilizer to each side of the t-shirt lower outs. Iron to lining.
5. With each layers dealing with collectively, sew across the edges.
6. Take an 8×10 sheet of craft felt in a contrasting colour and lower it in half width clever. Glue one on the high of 1 aspect of the stocking, and one other on the opposite aspect. Trim up the perimeters so it’s flush with the sides, sizzling glue the felt collectively up the perimeters.
7. Flip the stocking proper aspect out and fold the felt over to make a cuff.
8. Scorching glue trim as desired.
9. Add sparkle with glitter, crystals, and glitter spray!
10. Scorching glue a ribbon so you possibly can cling it.